Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Mt. Hood in evening's glow

Mt. Hood, Oregon Mt. Hood, Oregon ~ November 24, 2008

I took this photo as I drove from Bend to Astoria. Highway 26 approaches Mt. Hood, winding across its shoulder and down the other side into Portland. I must have been in a particular mood or the lighting was just right, because I was compelled to stop and take photos several times. Both of the photos of Mt. Hood on this blog so far are from the same day. They're taken from different places along the road, and each has a unique character.

Mt. Hood is a classicially beautiful volcanic mountain with many scenic points for viewing. It can be seen from Portland as well as from the high desert of Central Oregon. It's also the volcano in Oregon considered most likely to blow, although the odds that it will do so in the next 30 years are reported to be only 3 to 7 percent.

4 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Ah! I got quite close to Mt Hood in Hood River last year!

That's a lovely photo, it's magic!

Halcyon said...

Gorgeous! I am in Oklahoma right now and we may have a white Christmas. I must say though, snow looks much better on mountains than plains! :)

Happy Christmas Eve!

Unknown said...

It's a majestic mountain. The evergreens rocks snow and sky combine to make a very fine photo!

Bettey said...

Beautiful Shot!!! I love it when Mt Hood cooperates and gives us a perfect photo opp ;)