Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Terracina's Temple of Jupiter

Terracina, Italy ~ April 17, 2004

The highway from Rome to Naples hits the beach at Terracina, which has its own roadside attraction in this huge rock cliff with the Roman Temple of Jupiter on top. I'm not sure we knew you could go up there, but I learned later that you can walk through it.


Here is a fuzzy, rainy close-up taken from the same spot as the first photo.

My Web Page: tapirback.com

5 comments:

Lowell said...

Jumping Jehoshaphat! Or is it Jumping Jupiter?

What a site. If I could get up there without climbing the mountain on a nice, wide, paved road with guard rails, I'd probably walk through this fine-looking temple.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Roadside attractions are a lot classier in Europe. :-) This is an awesome, dramatic shot. I really like the anachronistic feel of the modern sign at the bottom. Very nice.

Cezar and Léia said...

Amazing place there, the rocks are wonderful and you did a fabulous job with your camera!
Léia

Unknown said...

Great shot on top!

Pat Tillett said...

Amazing! The fact that there are items still standing from that time period blows my mind. These things make the U.S. seem like a newborn. In comparison, I guess it is...