Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 4, 2013

All Roads . . .

Leaving Rome ~ April 17, 2004

If all roads lead to Rome, then all roads also lead away from Rome. It seemed there were endless ways to get out of the city, and they were all confusing and jam-packed with traffic. I think I finally took this photo once we had cleared the madness and there was only one direction available. Time to breathe.

It's just a highway, and a dreary, rain-soaked one at that - or was it dreary? I realized that the trees looked different than I was used to at home. The buildings and even the cars looked different. The gas stations looked different. Everything looked different. This wasn't just another highway. This was Italy, and we were on an adventure.


Here's what I mean about "all roads." I'm not sure which one we were on, but we were going approximately south.

My Web Page: tapirback.com

3 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

That sounds like an adventure I'd like to have someday. I hope...

Cezar and Léia said...

It's a little bit crazy to be driving in Rome! :)I like this picture, the rain is a plus!
Léia

Lowell said...

I had the same impression - I mean they have the same things but always just enough different to be a little exciting and a little scary! Rome traffic was crazy even in 1957! After a ride in a little Opel taxi through the city, I still feel very lucky to be alive. The driver didn't even slow down at intersections, just tooted his horn. Which nobody could hear over my screaming!